Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lock and Key

1295102Ruby, where is your mother?
Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return.
That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future; it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?
Best-selling author Sarah Dessen explores the heart of a gutsy, complex girl dealing with unforeseen circumstances and learning to trust again.
 I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book, Most of the reviews I have seen all say this is there favorite Sarah Dessen book. This is my third one by her and I am surprised by how each of her books are so different from each other yet similar in theme. Each has it flaws but I really enjoy them and reading them so much. Who doesn't like chick lit that's deep? I love chick lit as much as the next girl but don't always want something super light, yet not super deep. I always have found myself reaching for one of her book when that's what I need, I have never been disappointed either. I loved this book, I loved the characters and all of their little flaws that made them so much more real  to me, I have a hard time connecting to  the characters that are too "perfect". I feel like they are less human somehow. I Loved Nate from page 1 to the last, he was the "perfect" rich kid with his own hidden problems that he has no control over even though it seems like he has control over the rest of his life. I loved that he had these deep hidden flaws. I would so recommend this book , its seriously on my favorite shelf now. I now understand why everyone loves this so much!
This is book 10 of 10 of the 10 in 12 read-a-thon, I finished all of my books several days ahead of schedule ,it ends on Sept 1 .  

No comments:

Post a Comment