Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Th1rteen R3asons Why

1217100Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.
I really loved this book.  I enjoyed Hannah as a character and seeing her life through not only her eyes but also the eyes of Clay, one of the only people able to save her from herself. I agree with some of the other reviews I have read about Hannah having a dumb reason for killing herself, I agree but then i don't. I agree that they were kind of dumb reasons to kill herself but I also feel like what one person believes isn't very hard to deal with sometimes is, and her life wasn't perfect and all the things that happened to her were mostly caused by her peers. I hate to think that things like that happen everyday all because some kid can't shut up and get some common sense to think about what is coming out of their mouths before they say it. Just saying. But one thing that was kind of creepy for me was that i have a friend named Hannah Baker. Same spelling and everything. Its really creepy. Anyways all in all i really enjoyed reading this book and was happy to finally see what all the hype was about for this book. Hype I feel is well deserved. Everyone should read this book and it should be a mandatory read for all high school students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment