Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Painting the future


Painting the future is the story of Jonathan Page, who was a world famous artist, before he lost his sight from a mysterious illness.  Once a successful painter and printmaker, Jonathan turns bitter towards life, until a little Mexican girl forms a friendship with him and tries to help him come out of his bitter shell. Based on the movie by the same name, Painting the future is a heartwarming novel about kindness, compassion, and love.  I disagree with several things that happened in this book the book seemed to support gay relationships, something I heavily disagree of. Also the painter in the story, seemed glad that his nephew was becoming gay, something no one shouldn’t be proud of. It also had some bad language, another thing I disapprove of.  
But overall I enjoyed the story it didn’t have a lot of action and wasn’t very captivating but had a good moral message. I wouldn’t really recommend this book to anyone I personally know, but it would be fine for someone unconcerned about bad language and or a book supporting gay marriages.
I received this book for review by the Hay house book review program, I was not made to write a positive review, only to express my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment