Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Ministry of Christ: 1000 Days by Jonathan Falwell


The Ministry of Christ: 1000 Days by Jonathan Falwell is a book that I found unlike any other I have ever read. It brings Jesus to life in no other way possible. You feel as if you are walking side-by-side, hearing about Jesus and his life. Falwell also breaks down the stories, showing the deeper meaning, and giving an interesting perspective. His view is one I have never heard before and he simplifies it so anyone can understand why Jesus said or did something. 

Through this book, the 1000 days of Jesus’ ministry is explained in a way anyone can grasp and understand his ministry in a great easy read way. Yet, it goes deep enough that more knowledgeable people will enjoy this read as well. I am able to connect with Falwell’s stories he uses to better demonstrate a point and with Jesus’ ministry in a way I was unable to before.

In this beautiful book, the book’s design is simply beautiful. One thing I disliked was in Chapter seven, page 73, he says, “Natalie played a Valley Girl or some kind of brat.” I found “or some kind of brat” to be unnecessary and of bad taste. It really turned me off from the book. Other than that, I did enjoy the book. 3/5

I was not paid for this review. This is my opinion solely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment