Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Skip Rock Shallows


Skip Rock Shallows is the story of Lilly Gray Corbett, a young spirited doctor who against her better judgment goes to the coal camp in Skip Rock, Kentucky. Lilly’s fiancĂ©, Paul living in Boston, wonders why on earth she would want to work in a back water town like Skip Rock, even if only for a short amount of time. But as she works in Skip Rock she starts to fall in love with the people and the town, and she must decide to follow her heart or follow her mind. Yet when her fiancĂ© finds out she wants to stay he tries to talk her out of it.   
 The end of the book comes as a surprise when the tables turn and unexpected things happen. I really enjoyed reading this book, with some surprising twist and turns. It is a great work of historical fiction I have never read anything by this author before but enjoyed this book. I may read more by this author in the near future. I would recommend this novel to any lover of historical fiction and or Christian fiction. I received this book for review by Tyndale House Publishers. I was not made to write a good review, only to express my opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment