Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hate That Cat

Jack
Room 204—Miss Stretchberry
February 25
Today the fat black cat
up in the tree by the bus stop
dropped a nut on my head
thunk
and when I yelled at it
that fat black cat said
Murr-mee-urrr
in a
nasty
spiteful
way.
I hate that cat.
This is the story of
Jack
words
sounds
silence
teacher
and cat.

This book was good, set more for middle school kids I still enjoyed it. Though I was confused for awhile what it was about. I did finally figure it out toward the middle of the book but it took awhile. I loved that this book was written in verse, those are my top favorite types of book mostly because of the fact they are pretty writing most times and also they don't take wrong to read, ever! Even long ones (which this one was not) only take 2 to 3 hours to read tops. All in all i enjoyed it but not as much as i wanted too and feel like i would have liked it more as a middle grader versus now as a junior in high school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment