Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Wizard of Oz: The Graphic Novel

Dorothy and her dog, Toto, are whisked to the magical land of Oz where they meet the Tin Woodsman, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion. Mike Cavallaro transforms L. Frank Baum’s world of Oz into a manga-influenced graphic novel. 
This book is crazy cool, I haven't read any graphic novels so this was a great first one.I now understand the hype about manga and graphic novels. I really enjoyed the story and the graphics were good, i thought it pulled the pictures and the words together well through out the story.  It also doesn't have unnecessary descriptions of things clearly spelled out in the pictures, one thing that totally annoys me. This is a very quick and easy read. I read it in only 30 min. All in all I really enjoyed this little dip into the pool of graphic novels and i was well pleased,and i will defiantly read more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment