Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

In the House of the Queen's Beasts

768926Fourteen-year-old Emily is drawn to the treehouse in the backyard of her family's new home. That's how she meets her next-door neighbor, Rowan, who has been using it as a refuge, where she carves wooden animals and stays clear of her difficult father. Shy, imaginative Rowan is like no friend Emily has ever had. They get along -- and begin to change each other's lives -- because of what they don't tell each other, as well as what they do. For Emily has her own secrets, too. And some friendships have unspoken rules -- rules that you have to follow even if your friend might not be safe...

This is a book I got from a friend last year for my birthday, it didn't have a dust jacket so I went into this blind. It was super weird at first, I couldn't figure out if this was going to be a horror novel of sorts, a re-telling of a fairy tale or just something else entirely. It was the something else entirely. I'm not going to get into it though what happens, it isn't bad in the end. I wasn't a huge fan of the book but I like the main character Emily's family is a lot like ours. Yelling all the time, mad or not. ;) Overall, good but not a book I will probably  want to pick up and read again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment