Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Between Shades of Gray

Between Shades of GrayIt's 1941 and fifteen-year-old artist Lina Vilkas is on Stalin's extermination list. Deported to a prison camp in Siberia, Lina fights for her life, fearless, risking everything to save her family. It's a long and harrowing journey and it is only their incredible strength, love, and hope that pull Lina and her family through each day. But will love be enough to keep them alive?

Wow first off, this is not a book I would normally read.  I am not a big fan of reading books based on world war 2, I find it a depressing time to read about. So this isn't a book I would normally pick up and decide to read. But it was calling to me, telling me  to pick it to read. I went into this one pretty much blind,  I didn't read any reviews like I normally would. I am glad I did, this is one of those books you would hate to be spoiled. I loved the story, the characters and the personal side the Author was able to weave into the story. Its an amazing journey through the world that many thousands of people were made to suffer through and many died because of. This is a SPOILER *but it has a happier ending that I thought it was going to*. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone looking for a deep read set in a historical setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment