Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The band that played on

By: Steve Turner

The band that played on is an in-depth look into the lives of the eight members of the band on the Titanic. They played until their final breath, helping keeping those left on the titanic calm in the face of death.  The book focuses on the band, but also talks about the sinking, and about the families that the band left behind. The book was well thought out and very well researched I saw that throughout the book as I read. It is on topic and doesn’t shift to other things it stays with the bands story.

I really enjoyed this book and all that was said about the band was very interesting and educational. Being homeschooled, it was a great thing to read for history and I learned a lot I never knew about the sinking. It was a great book to read and would recommend into any history lover or anyone interested in learning more about the titanic and the people on board. But it is more of a “fact” book then a memoir to the band. I would give this a 6 out of 10.
I was not made to write a positive review, only to voice my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment