Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Host

The Host (The Host, #1)Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring one of the most unusual love triangles in literature, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel about the persistence of love and the essence of what it means to be human.

Okay I admit, i watched the movie before reading this book. I know the shame right? But I saw it on Netflix and knew the book was 600+ pages and didn't want to waste my time reading something that long if I didn't think I was going to like it. I really loved the movie so decided to give the book a whirl. It didn't disappoint  me! The movie is so spot on with a lot of it, I was so surprised that it was too, most movies anymore aren't that close to the book. Which is really annoying, of course. I really enjoyed it and loved the relationships they shared and the love triangle really was more like a square when you think about it... But I all in all enjoyed it a lot and was totally worth my time to read all of those pages. I don't know how i feel about a sequel though... On goodreads it said there is supose to be a 2nd and 3rd book in the "series". I think its just fine the way it is but that is just me. Totally 5 stars though!

No comments:

Post a Comment